Applications for the Dale Fellowship from members of the Class of 2018 will be available online beginning November 8, 2017. The online application will close promptly at 4:00 pm (EST) Tuesday, January 9, 2018.
Applications should include:
- A proposal of no more than 1000 words describing the project that you will undertake if chosen as the Dale Fellow;
- An essay of no more than 350 words describing your most significant intellectual experience during your years at Princeton and how this experience has influenced the way you look at the world;
- An essay of no more than 350 words recounting how your involvement in an activity or organization outside the classroom has influenced you;
- Two recommendations, one of which must be from a Princeton University faculty member;
- A résumé;
- A copy of an internal electronic transcript;
- A budget outlining your anticipated expenses and taking into account that the grant is taxable;
- Supplementary materials, if desired, such as brief writing samples, a small portfolio, or a brief video.
Applications will be screened by a selection committee chaired by the Dean of the College and comprised of Princeton faculty and administrators deeply engaged in undergraduate education and fully committed to the ideals embodied in the Dale Fellowship. Candidates selected for interviews will be notified in early February 2018. Interviews will take place in February 2018, and the winner of the Dale Fellowship will be notified within a week of the interview.
Dr. Matthew Lazen, Director of Studies of Butler College, is coordinating the selection process for the Dale Fellowship. Prospective applicants who have questions about the fellowship should contact him (phone 8-7140; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications will be available on this website, which is scheduled to go-live mid-November. Only electronically submitted applications will be considered for this award.