Applications for the Dale Fellowship from members of the Class of 2021 will be available online beginning Monday, October 4, 2021. The online application will close Wednesday, January 5, 2022.
Applications should include:
- A proposal of no more than 1000 words describing the project that you will undertake if chosen as the Dale Fellow;
- An essay of no more than 350 words describing your most significant intellectual experience during your years at Princeton and how this experience has influenced the way you look at the world;
- An essay of no more than 350 words recounting how your involvement in an activity or organization outside the classroom has influenced you;
- A statement of no more than 250 words describing what measures you will take to ensure that your project will comply with University travel guidelines and all national and local health and safety regulations, including what adjustments could be made to address pandemic-related uncertainties.
- Two recommendations, one of which must be from a Princeton University faculty member;
- A résumé;
- A copy of an internal electronic transcript;
- A budget outlining your anticipated expenses and taking into account that the grant is taxable;
- Supplementary materials, if desired, such as brief writing samples, a small portfolio, or a brief video.
Applications will be screened by a selection committee chaired by the Dean of the College and comprised of Princeton faculty and administrators deeply engaged in undergraduate education and fully committed to the ideals embodied in the Dale Fellowship. Candidates selected for interviews will be notified in early February 2021. Interviews will take place in February 2021, and the winner of the Dale Fellowship will be notified within a week of the interview.
Dr. Matthew Lazen, Director of Studies of Butler College, is coordinating the selection process for the Dale Fellowship. Prospective applicants who have questions about the fellowship should contact him by e-mail at email@example.com or make an appointment at calendly.com/mlazenprinceton.